De Facto® Sales Order Software enables you to handle any of the many scenarios that occur with different transaction types in distribution businesses:
Business to Consumer organisations which have reactive mail or telephone ordering teams can specifically benefit from the ease and accuracy of customer identification when using inbound telephony integration, whilst the fast address creation provided by PAF (Postcode Address Finder / post code lookup) accurately creates new addresses with minimal input. The fully integrated credit card processing provided by the De Facto® OLP (online payments) module minimises the time taken to securely handle all forms of electronic payment.
Business to Business Telesales teams benefit from using CRM call lists with telephony integration for making outbound calls, and ease and accuracy of customer identification when receiving inbound calls. An array of fast data entry options including template based entry and data imports speed up order processing.
Extensive features are provided to control how and when back orders are allowed and their subsequent processing. This includes options such as carry forward orders that minimise the number of open orders for any customer at any one time. This is especially suitable for those supplying the retail sector. Items that are on back order can automatically trigger the De Facto® Purchase Order System to recommend the purchase of additional stock.
Back To Back
Enables the De Facto® Purchase Order system to automatically generate and maintain the required purchase orders. This is especially useful if you work within a trading organisation or in the handling of non-stocked, special or customised products.
Direct / Drop Shipment
Allows you to easily organise the direct shipment of an order to your customer, or ship from your supplier direct to your customer, on your behalf.
An easily controlled method of managing fixed quantity contracts with variable delivery dates where the customer will 'call off' as they require shipments to be made. These call offs can also be mirrored via back to back orders with supplier contracts. The overall status of the contract is always maintained and the information readily accessible.
This allows you to specify the customer's required delivery dates for each order line, based on either a single drop or any number of forward scheduled dates.
Distribution and Bulk Fulfilment
If you are a third party logistics and fulfilment house then you will benefit from enhanced facilities that are designed to process very high volumes (hundreds and thousands) of orders extremely quickly.
If you are wholesaler or merchant that has a B2B trade counter, these features provide a purpose designed trade counter application. The integrated Online Payment module provides integrated chip and pin based card services, and till drawers/receipt printers are fully integrated. The trade counter can be configured to display a wide variety of customer-facing point of sale information.
Speciality retailers will benefit from the dedicated high availability online EPOS solution, which fully integrates with the back office solution.
Rental and Hire
Options are designed for organisations that hire out specialist equipment, plant or facilities. The integral rental features allow you to book, allocate and charge for product hire. These items can be linked to De Facto's Fixed Assets software for depreciation etc. and, if required, the De Facto Job Costing module for operational management of the assets.
De Facto® provides a comprehensive workflow solution which can be configured to suit your own business processes; supplemented by additional levels of control with process status and workflow control events. Most steps can be individual or batch based. Each step provides further configurable options to optimise the flow to your business requirements. Many steps in your existing process might be eliminated, thus reducing what could be a detailed 20+ step workflow, to a simple order entry and automated invoicing procedure.
Permissions are created in the De Facto® Administration module for users and groups to allow specific authorisation rights, for example, over credit and profit controls.
Workflow options allow you to:
- Set minimum profit and margin controls
- Automatically hold orders if customers exceed their credit terms or limits when processing orders.
- Reserve and allocate real-time stock when processing a sales order.
- Produce manual or automated pick runs, consolidate orders for picking, generate advanced picking, pick directly from goods inwards and automatically process back orders
- Pick from paper or release to the Warehouse Management System in De Facto®
- Quality Check using pre-defined test and positive release system
- Pack in multi-levels, use returnable packaging, and integrate with carrier labels or manifests
- Pack using the integrated packing desk or pack using the Warehouse Management System in De Facto®
- Use routing and map based transport planning, plan and assess loads, produce load and drop lists and create transport instructions
- Dispatch using individual or consolidated deliveries and process payments for pre-authorised transactions
- Integrate with carrier systems for waybill tracking
- Collect Proof of Deliveries on Vehicle Handheld devices, via the Document Management System, EDI or integration services
- Handle returns by linking to the original dispatch or within the POD processes
- Produce route based cash collection reconciliations and process card payments online
- Process individual or consolidated invoices including proforma and 'advanced' invoicing
- Produce manual or automated acknowledgements of sales orders.
Delivery Schedules are configurable to calculate delivery charges based on consignment weight, size and volume, combined with the haulier or carriers’ distance and area bands plus transport price comparison features. These can be combined with the delivered costs functionality to provide integrated accrual handling for transport costs. This Delivered Costs functionality is often used to accrue for sales commissions, royalties or storage charges.
All business documentation output from De Facto® Sales Order software can be generated to any design, and in many forms, such as email, print and EDI with multiple formats such as PDF, XML etc. These options can be set globally and/or defined by customer using the powerful document profile options.
Contact us today to discuss your business needs with our software team.